excellence in the area of family law.
Allison Michelle King
Allison King was born and raised in Richland, WA. She is a proud graduate of Richland High School, Columbia Basin College, and Washington State University where she graduated cum laude in 2001 with a Bachelor's Degree in Sociology. She then went on to Gonzaga University where she graduated with her law degree in 2004. Allison returned to her roots in the Tri-Cities joining Patricia Chvatal where she's been practicing since being admitted to the Washington State Bar in 2004. She practices all aspects of family law including dissolutions, legal separations, establishments of paternity and parenting plans, child support, and dissolution of Committed Intimate Relationships. In 2008 she was certified in Benton and Franklin Counties to serve as a Title 11 Guardian ad Litem in guardianship cases involving alleged incapacitated individuals.
Allison served on the Board of Governors for the Benton Franklin Counties Bar Association for two years. She remains a strong advocate for Legal Aid, receiving the Gene Schuster Award in 2007. She served on the Board of Directors for Benton Franklin Legal Aid Society from 2015-2022.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law 100%
- Washington, 2004
- Gonzaga University School of Law, Spokane, Washington
- Washington State University, Pullman, Washington
- B.A. - 2001
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Sociology
Honors and Awards
- Benton Franklin County Legal Aid Society Gene Schuster Award, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, 2004 to Present
- Washington State Bar Association, 2004 to Present
- Benton Franklin Counties Bar Association, 2004 to Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Benton Franklin Counties Bar Association Board of Governors, 2011 to 2013
- Benton Franklin County Legal Aid Society Board of Trustees, 2015 to 2022
- Board of Directors for Safe Harbor Support Center, 2019 to 2022