Chvatal CK King | Family Law Attorneys
Chvatal CK King | Family Law Attorneys
Speak with one of our attorneys today


Our Focus Is Family Law
Our attorneys have devoted their careers to achieving
excellence in the area of family law.
Our attorneys have devoted their careers to achieving excellence in the area of family law.

Experienced Guidance On Child Support Issues

The relationship between two parents may end, but the parent-child relationship lasts a lifetime. After a divorce or after unmarried parents separate, it remains the responsibility of both parents to care for and support minor children. Often, it is necessary and appropriate for one parent to pay the other child support payments.

If you are facing a child support-related legal problem in Washington, the experienced lawyers at Chvatal King Law are here to provide you with the guidance and advocacy you need. We handle a broad range of family law issues for clients in Richland and throughout the Tri-Cities area.

Child Support In Washington

In Washington, child support is determined by a set of guidelines that take into account factors such as each parent’s net income, the number of children and the needs of the children.

Determining parents’ net income is relatively simple when both have conventional W-2 wage-earning jobs. It becomes more difficult when a parent is self-employed, unemployed or underemployed.

No matter how complex or seemingly simple your case is, our attorneys have the experience to protect your and your child’s rights.

We can represent you in initial child support proceedings as well as child support modification and enforcement issues.

Post-Secondary Educational Support

When a child goes to college or vocational school, it may be appropriate for a court to order both parents to be responsible for the costs of education, including tuition, books and housing. If you would like post-secondary education to be addressed in your child support arrangement, or need to have your orders modified to account for college or trade school expenses, we can help you explore your options.

Contact Us For Knowledgeable Legal Guidance

If you need representation for a child support-related issue or any family law matter in the Tri-Cities area, we are here for you. Call our law offices today at 509-392-8252, or contact us online to arrange your initial consultation.